Marco Nannini's blog

Thursday January 1 1970 Author: Location: none selected

Marco Nannini: 24 hours out

Today is the last full day at sea for us, in around 24 hours we should be making landfall and reach Les Sables D'Olonne and bring to a conclusion this epic jurney.

Marco Nannini on the GOR: Dicing with Alberto

Last night was tough, in fact some of the worst we've seen in the entire race.

Marco Nannini on the GOR: Second into Charleston

Finally here we are, Sergio and I literally just crossed the finish line in front of Charleston Harbour, it's the middle of the night, just after midnight local time, the race officials are about t

Marco Nannini on the GOR: Exiting the trades

Just as i write a big rain cloud on the horizon has brought a sudden windshift.

Marco Nannini on the GOR: Monotony and Mustangs

We've been at sea just over a fortnight now and for the past few days we've been sailing in a very regular band of the trade winds, with around 20 knots from our starboard side, the unexpected adve

Marco Nannini on the GOR: Turning the corner

The last few days have been, as predicted, a drag race towards the north-east corner of Brasil, all tactical decision had been played out earlier around the tricky corner near Rio de Janeiro where

Marco Nannini on the GOR: Into the Trades

The struggle to reach the stable trade winds seems to have lasted an eternity, the fleet progress has been very slow compared to the schedule we had imagined when leaving Punta del Este and only Ce

Marco Nannini on the GOR: Struggling north

The last two days have been far from easy, as we approached the continental shelf off Cabo Frio near Rio de Janeiro we were met by the nasty Brazilian south-flowing current.

Marco Nannini on the GOR: First two days

We've been at sea for two days, i wrote an earlier update which somehow was never sent so here is a summary of our start of the fourth leg of the Global Ocean Race, Punta del Este Uruguay to Charle

Marco Nannini on the GOR: Celebrations, hard work and love from Punta del Este

It's been three weeks since we arrived in Punta del Este following our tough Southern Ocean leg from Wellington around Cape Horn.


None tags for this post.

Add a comment - Members log in

You can ...

Ads from