Recent comments from Members

• 02/07/2012 - 14:54
    I'm intrigued as to why the design is to be from Farr Yacht Design rather than Juan Kouyoumdjian's Juan Yacht Design. Given the track record of the Juan K Volvo 70s, you'd think that might be the obvious choice?
  • 26/06/2012 - 02:27
    In response to: Air borne America's Cup?
    how about a 35 knot pitchpole on that baby ?
  • 26/06/2012 - 02:27
    In response to: Air borne America's Cup?
    how about a 35 knot pitchpole on that baby ?
  • 25/06/2012 - 11:40
    In response to: Air borne America's Cup?
    Holy smokes, Soon the will do away with the hulls as well, as the Swiss guys have, and we will all long for AC32
  • 24/06/2012 - 16:43
    In response to: AC72 design
    The stiffness issue is certainly very interesting. A stiffer structure develops much higher point loads, so it has to be heavier to prevent breakage. The opposite applies to a softer structure. What is interesting is the reasoning that the first puff just creates flex. Yes, but the flex is stored energy (like compressing a spring), so do you actually lose enougt to justify the weight of added stiffness???
  • 18/06/2012 - 13:05
    very neat but got to question the ratio of money spent to podium places gained / kept... we all know what happens when this gets out of whack... the owner packs it in.
  • 14/06/2012 - 08:25
    Quantum was built at Longitud 0 in Burriana and not by King Marine as mentioned above
  • 08/06/2012 - 09:03
    What a driver Conrad Colman has been. Sponsors should be competing to finance his future plans!
  • 06/06/2012 - 09:48
    In response to: Beau Geste breaks in half
    This is sertainly a structual fatigue issue. In terms of envelope pushing design of Carbon Fibre structures, the ocean racing community is leading the way. So is this an issue which applies only to marginally under dimensioned structures or is it an issue which lurkes in all carbon structures. If so, what about aircraft wing sections or your 5m$ cruising yacht investment? More research into the fatigue issues of Carbon Fibre please.
  • 04/06/2012 - 18:54
    In response to: Where are they now?
    I am moored next to Flyer(II) right now in the island of Naxos in Greece, immaculately converted to a cruising boat and obviously much loved. I also think I may have seen Gaia, from the first race last week near Athens.
  • 04/06/2012 - 18:54
    In response to: Where are they now?
  • 04/06/2012 - 18:53
    In response to: Where are they now?
  • 04/06/2012 - 18:52
    In response to: Where are they now?
  • 31/05/2012 - 02:25
    i made these for our 52...1 pull for the working sheet, no clutching, no emergency unclutch. 1:4 purchase with spectra going to a spindle connected to a big drum.
  • 24/05/2012 - 06:28
    I think it's to do with the medal chances of US in a kiteboarding class....
  • 23/05/2012 - 21:55
    But what about supporting the current classes more and the heritage of the sports? Why not increase the classes? Also why not increase the number of sailors from countries, say the top ten countries get 2 boats per class?
  • 21/05/2012 - 18:35
    Strange, she carries the same sail number as a McConachy 38 by the name of Carbonado.
  • 17/05/2012 - 16:14
    I think it's going to cost a bit more than 35k to enter....
  • 17/05/2012 - 12:35
    Sorry. Had a few interweb connection issues - the link is now live
  • 17/05/2012 - 11:45
    "The Notice of Race for the Youth America's Cup is available here." .. where?