Recent comments from Members

• 14/06/2012 - 08:25
    Quantum was built at Longitud 0 in Burriana and not by King Marine as mentioned above
  • 08/06/2012 - 09:03
    What a driver Conrad Colman has been. Sponsors should be competing to finance his future plans!
  • 06/06/2012 - 09:48
    In response to: Beau Geste breaks in half
    This is sertainly a structual fatigue issue. In terms of envelope pushing design of Carbon Fibre structures, the ocean racing community is leading the way. So is this an issue which applies only to marginally under dimensioned structures or is it an issue which lurkes in all carbon structures. If so, what about aircraft wing sections or your 5m$ cruising yacht investment? More research into the fatigue issues of Carbon Fibre please.
  • 04/06/2012 - 18:54
    In response to: Where are they now?
    I am moored next to Flyer(II) right now in the island of Naxos in Greece, immaculately converted to a cruising boat and obviously much loved. I also think I may have seen Gaia, from the first race last week near Athens.
  • 04/06/2012 - 18:54
    In response to: Where are they now?
  • 04/06/2012 - 18:53
    In response to: Where are they now?
  • 04/06/2012 - 18:52
    In response to: Where are they now?
  • 31/05/2012 - 02:25
    i made these for our 52...1 pull for the working sheet, no clutching, no emergency unclutch. 1:4 purchase with spectra going to a spindle connected to a big drum.
  • 24/05/2012 - 06:28
    I think it's to do with the medal chances of US in a kiteboarding class....
  • 23/05/2012 - 21:55
    But what about supporting the current classes more and the heritage of the sports? Why not increase the classes? Also why not increase the number of sailors from countries, say the top ten countries get 2 boats per class?
  • 21/05/2012 - 18:35
    Strange, she carries the same sail number as a McConachy 38 by the name of Carbonado.
  • 17/05/2012 - 16:14
    I think it's going to cost a bit more than 35k to enter....
  • 17/05/2012 - 12:35
    Sorry. Had a few interweb connection issues - the link is now live
  • 17/05/2012 - 11:45
    "The Notice of Race for the Youth America's Cup is available here." .. where?
  • 16/05/2012 - 11:44
    Aberdeen Asset Mangements share price will hopefully rocket as well on the back of this news......
  • 02/05/2012 - 17:53
    Olympic swimmers are some of the tallest athletes in the games....their weights aren't representative for a sport where height doesn't provide a speed advantage.
  • 30/04/2012 - 10:20
    James, we are indebted to you for a decent technical update of events over night. I would recommend the official Volvo site entice you with some folded wedge and get you signed up!
  • 27/04/2012 - 08:23
    Just heard that he's been found. Zbigniew Gutkowski tells us: "After the media action seeking the lost sailor, was found near the Azores! Thank God he is alive and goes towards Brest."
  • 25/04/2012 - 11:18
    Thanks Tim. Unfortunately there is a danger that both the VOR and IMOCA 60 classes may go one design, which will mean there is no offshore development class apart from the Multi50 and the Minis... This cannot be good for the sport in the long run.
  • 25/04/2012 - 08:07
    Excellent article James, it's great to get detailed factual information about the different breakages without the sensationalism. It will be very interesting to see what they do for the next race. Let's hope they can get more teams on the start line.