Big Breeze and big match in Carnac
A very strong onshore south-westerly wind brought about the postponement of Friday's scheduled racing at the Skiff European Championship in Carnac. Tomorrow could be a busy day - the race officer has instructed the fleet to assemble at 10.30 am with a view to sailing four races.
There was one consolation for the British sailors today, and also those from other countries who have a love of football, as they were able to watch England winning their World Cup match against the Argentine. The Yacht Club de Carnac's television area had room for the hundred or so spectators who greeted Beckam's goal with a suitably loud cheer.
Unfortunately, tomorrows weather forecast is not good, but everyone is hoping the regatta is not yet over.
1. RMW Marine Rob Greenhalgh, Dan Johnson and Jonny Meers, GBR, 14.7 points
2. General Electric-US Challenge Howie Hamlin, Mike Martin and Chris Cleary, USA, 28 points
3. Yandoo-d'Albora Marinas John Winning, Jack Young and Euan McNicol, AUS, 30.4 points
4. Total Recall Tony Hannan, Cameron Macdonald and Greg Windas, AUS, 37.1 points
5. Radii Andy Richards, Steve Mitchell and Dave Richards, GBR, 59.4 points
6. Wempe Flemming Clausen, Thomas Ebler and Soren Clausen, DEN, 67 points