Club of the year
The awards will be presented by Skandia Team GBR’s 49er sailor Stevie Morrison who is a staunch supporter of the awards and a keen ambassador for his home club, Exe Sailing Club.
The shortlisted clubs were selected by the awards panel who judged them on how well they promote the sport, encourage people onto the water and make their activities varied and available to their community.
RYA Volunteer Development Officer Jackie Bennetts, who developed the award comments; “The Club of the Year Awards were set up to highlight and promote all the good work clubs and their members put into keeping our sport alive. All the finalist are excellent well run, vibrant and forward looking clubs who really excel at what they set out to do.”
The five finalists this year are:
- Frensham Pond Sailing Club, based at Frensham Pond in Hampshire
- Hollowell Sailing Club based on Hollowell Reservoir in Northamptonshire
- Notts. County Sailing Club, based on Hoveringham Water Nottinghamshire
- Penzance Sailing Club based on the coast in Penzance, Cornwall
- Redesmere Sailing Club, based on Redsmere Lake in Cheshire