Team Philips and Club Med update
Pete Goss is hoping to be back in to Dartmouth by late Sunday night, but plans beyond that are uncertain, given a fairly evil looking weather forecast for the early part of next week. They still hope to embark on a trans-Atlantic crossing on Thursday, 5th October. Pete Goss commented, "The situation is extremely unpredictable. We are monitoring the situation constantly but the problem is that things are moving so fast because of the remnants of the hurricane, that it is difficult to forecast anything with any certainty."
Also watching the weather closely will be Roger Badham, the met man for Club Med. The boat went back in the water and the mast was stepped on Friday morning, in Vannes, France. Club Med has spent six weeks in the yard and been completely refitted and checked, after the mid-Atlantic breakdown. The bows - the part that failed - have been redesigned and reinforced. The boat is due to leave for Southampton, England, on Saturday morning. If the weather lets them get here, we hope to be sailing with Club Med on Tuesday. Meanwhile, Steve Fosset has confirmed that he will be extending the length of PlayStation, the boat will go into the yard for four weeks - and come out 120 feet long.