Foot and mouth update - 0930 - 10/3/01
Bristol Cortithian have cancelled the RS200 and 800 GUL RS Racing Circuit event scheduled for March 31 and April 1st.
A five mile restriction order has been placed around the Axebridge area which includes Bristol Corinthian YC. This will be in force for the next 28 days up until April 7th. The RS Association is looking into options to hold the event at an alternative venue or re-scheduling the event for BCYC later in the year.
As at 3.45pm, Friday 9 March, Carsington SC remains open. The club has been advised that Severn Trent Water will close the site if there is a case of foot and mouth within approx 15km.
Severn Trent have closed Chelmarsh SC near Bridgnorth for sailing this weekend (10th/11th March) and next weekend (17th/18th March). The Laser Open meeting scheduled for the 11th March is postponed.