RS200 - RS300 - RS600 National Championships

No racing at the RS's again today

Thursday August 31st 2000, Author: Sian Cowen, Location: United Kingdom
Watching the ocean is as close as these guys will get today!The lack of wind yesterday turned out to be the calm before the storm, as today`s racing was cancelled due to winds gusting up to 38 knots.
The weather forecast was for 20 knots of breeze throughout the day, which would be a challenge for most dinghy sailors - but no rig or wallet was up to taking on today's strong, gusty winds. Instead, you will find that most of the 200 odd competitors have either gone to the bar or bed. With a few die-hards headed off to make the most of waves generated by the wind - remaining in their wetsuits and picking up a surf board.

Tomorrow's forecast is for even more breeze - but let's hope that instead they will have a perfect day for racing, or it will be a disappointing championship. Though I suspect you can rely on the evenings being memorable ...

And if anyone's got a bit of spare time, they might even read Jim Saltonstall's Venue Guide (just in case they get some racing in before the end of the week) - you can get it by clicking here.

Latest Comments

Add a comment - Members log in


Latest news!

Back to top
    Back to top