The Race Management Team set the Committee Boat in the Central Solent. Racing was in two IRC Classes, one club-rated and a multihull class.
The 16 boats in Class 1 IRC included six J-Boats, four X-Boats, two Jeanneau OD35s, a Mini Transat boat, a Tripp 26, an Elan 333 and a Corby 35. First to finish was Charley J, Charles Ivill’s J/120 by over six minutes. It was Nigel Brooke and Suzie Spencer on the J/109 Judgement Day which won on corrected time by over two minutes from Kevin Downer’s Tripp 26 Abstension II with third Liz Savage and Richard Hughes on the J/80 Just Savage.
The 18 boats in Class 2 IRC handicap, which ranged from a Furia 37 down to a Folkboat, saw William Tremlett’s Furia 37 Cruella de Vil take line honours by 40 seconds from Peter and Ross Bateson’s First 31.7 Starspray. On corrected time the winner was Donald Edward’s Folkboat Madelaine, ahead of Pat Stables’ Trapper 300 Google-Eye with Andy and Peter Pickett’s ¼ tonner Moondog of Jersey third.
The 14 boats in Class 3, Club-rated, ranged from a Bavaria 44 to a Folkboat. First to finish was the Andrew and Linda Campbell’s Bavaria 44 Faze 3. On corrected time the winner was So!, the Nordic Folkboat of Simon Osgood. Second was Zumbido the Sadler 29 of Michael Hibberd and Anne Howard and third Jonathan Meeson’s Trapper 250 Fantastic Mr Fox.
The five boats in the Multihull Class ranged from a Woods Banshee 35 catamaran to an F25C trimaran. Farrier F25C Sheik Yerbouti sailed by Simon Burt and Spencer Harrison was first to finish by 28 minutes despite being 25 minutes late for the start. Tony Purser’s Banshee Backlash was first on corrected time with Norman Ferguson’s Eezie Ozie second and Ben Goodland’s Strider Tigger third.
The Double Handed Series continues with the RSYC Island Double on Sunday 20th July.
For details contact Cathy Crawley, Sailing Secretary, RSYC, Tel: 023 80 223352 or email email@example.com
PROVISIONAL RESULTS NAB TOWER DOUBLE RACE
Class: 1 – IRC
1. Judgement Day J109 Nigel Brooke Suzie Spencer
2. Abstension II Tripp 26 Kevin Downer
3. Just Savage J80 Liz Savage Richard Hughes
Class: 2 – IRC
1. Madelaine 707 Donald Edward
2. Google-Eye Trapper 300 Pat Stables Nigel Hunter
3. Moondog of Jersey ¼ tonner Andy & Peter Pickett
Class: 3 – Club
1. So! Nordic Folkboat Simon Osgood S Becker
2. Zumbido Sadler 29 M Hibberd A Howard
3. Fantastic Mr Fox Trapper 250 Jon Meeson James Cooke
1. Backlash Woods Banshee Tony Purser Ray Hall
2. Eezie Ozie Farrier F27 Norman Ferguson
3. Kreuger Strider 24 Ben Goodland Michael Yates