Holmberg back in the frame
The leg started Wednesday morning in Koper in a very light breeze. The fleet of the twelve Solaris 36 one designs had an excellent start. However the wind decreased and the race committee decided to shorten the course to allow the boats time to arrive at the first Croatian stopover port.
In second place was the Italian boat, Barcolana with Nevio Sabadin at the helm, while third was City of Split driven by Toni Bulaja.
Magic Sailing Team also put in a good performance arriving in fourth moving up the overall results to eighth place.
Tommorrow the 26 mile leg from Porec to Pola will start at 11 o'clock.
1 BMW Tomic Peter Holmberg
2 Barcolana Nevio Sabadin
3 Split Toni Bulaja
4 Magic Team Ivan Straus
5 Scor Darko Hajdinjak
6 Clementei Alberto Rizzi
7 Val Nautica Women's Stefania Ruzza
8 Alcatel Ante Vanjaka
9 Città di Aquileia Marco Augelli
10 Friuli Venezia Giulia Massimo Visconti
11 Dubrovnik Goran Zugovich
12 Sibenik Drago Skaro
1. Split Toni Bulaja 29:35.31
2. BMW Tomic Peter Holmberg 30:00.37
3. Città di Aquileia Marco Augelli 31:09.57
4. Barcolana Nevio Sabadin 31:12.39
5. Clementei Alberto Rizzi 32:06.44
6. Scor Team Darko Haidinjak 32:14.16
7. Alcatel Ante Vanjaka 33:29.32
8. Magic Sailing Team Ivan Straus 33:36.47
9. Val Nautika Women's Stefania Ruzza 34:35.42
10. Friuli Venezia Giulia Massimo Visconti 35:02.55
11. Dubrovnik Goran Zugovic 35:21.50
12. City of Sibenik Drago Skaro 35:28.31