Three prominent America's Cup designers and engineers were in the McConaghy Boats facility in Zhuhai China last week, bunkered down over three days putting the final touches to the new McConaghy 36 one design production yacht.
Harry Dunning, current yacht designer for Mascolino Latino AC syndicate, was joined by Dirk Kramers and Kirst Feddersen, both with Alinghi for the last three America's Cups and who have been responsible for the design and engineering respectively for the new McConaghy 36.
The MC36 features:
- Easily driven hull, Grand Prix performance without the cost. Designed for high performance upwind and downwind, out performing 40 footers and above!
- State of the art deck layout with efficient control systems designed for ease of operation and focus on minimal clutter. Large cockpit for ease of sailing, ergonomic carbon fibre hiking bars, no lifelines, take down line on spinnakers.
- Powerful Sail Plan: Computer Flow and Membrane tested, utilising fat head mainsail, two genoas, and two asymmetrical spinnakers. Retracting centreline spinnaker pole prodder. Class Sails provided with each boat, state of the art design and the highest quality of construction guaranteed.
- Electronics and all equipment supplied with the boat included as measured equipment.
- Carbon Fibre Resin Infused Hull, with clear coat carbon topsides available, carbon transom and cock pit sides as standard.
- Hi Modulus Carbon Mast Boom and Spinnaker bow pole. Halyard Locks on Genoa and Main halyard. Composite rigging.
- 20hp Outboard Motor incorporating state of the art Retraction System.
- Easily Transported: Split Mast, Keel can be Retracted for low level transporting either on trailer, road transporter or flat rack or Open top container.
- Class Owners Association:
- Professionally managed class.
- Realistic Race program and appealing regatta venues planned.
I - deal club racer or regatta competition. National and International competition planned.
- Be the talk of the club when you beat the whole fleet home in a 36’ yacht! This boat is made for twilight and non-spinnaker racing or just taking family and friends for a blast around the bay.
The first MC36 is expected to be launched in December.
Full brochure here