Win rum and tickets to the hottest party in town!
Mount Gay rum is back once again supporting this year’s Aberdeen Asset Management Cowes Week - great news for all competitors! It’s known as the finest and oldest rum in the world, first distilled in 1703 on the beautiful island of Barbados, the birthplace of rum. The rum epitomises the art of Barbadian rum making and the passion and spirit of sailors.
Iconic Red Cap anyone?
Mount Gay has always been closely linked to the world of sailing and in the old days, sailors had to bring back a barrel of Mount Gay rum to prove their passage. Of course, it’s a bit easier now to show you've taken part in one of the 120 Mount Gay-supported regattas around the world, proof is in the hat! With only 500 distributed to competitors at the Red Cap Party at Cowes this year, taking part in this competition could mean you are one of the lucky few to wear an iconic Mount Gay Red Cap from this year’s regatta!
Win tickets to Mount Gay Red Cap Party
There will be hard fought competition among the fleet each day, but once off the water, it’s time to party! Here’s your chance to win tickets to the hottest event in town – The Mount Gay Red Cap Party at Shepards Wharf on Thursday, 11 August. A case of the ‘rum that invented rum’ will also be on offer and the chance to win an iconic ‘money can’t buy’ Red Cap!
If you don’t win, tickets can be bought from the Toe in the Water Crew Bar at Shepards Wharf for £5 during the regatta.
Three prizes are up for grabs:
- Four tickets to the hottest party of the week – The Mount Gay Red Cap Party at Shepards Wharf on Thursday 11th August
- 1 Case (6 bottles) of Mount Gay Eclipse Rum
- Mount Gay Red Caps for your whole crew (max 10)
How to enter:
- Answer the questions below and email your answers together with your name, email address and postal address to: email@example.com
- The three winners will be the first three picked 'out of the hat' to have provided the correct answers. The outcome of the competition may be swayed by attaching to your email a particularly good or entertaining photo of yourself or your crew in the famous red Mount Gay hat(s).
- Entries must be emailled in no later than midday (BST) on Tuesday 9 August. Winners will be informed of their success that afternoon.
- The winner of the Mount Gay Red Caps must arrange to pick them up in Cowes. The winner of the tickets to the Mount Gay Red Cap Party must supply the names of the four people going in order that they can be put on a VIP list on the door. The case of Mount Gay Eclipse will be dispatched to the winner of this prize after Aberdeen Asset Management Cowes Week concludes.
Mount Gay Rum Competition Questions:
Q1: In what year was Mount Gay Rum first distilled?
Q2: Which Caribbean island is the home of Mount Gay Rum?
Q3: What did sailors bring back to prove they had sailed to Barbados?
Terms and Conditions:
- Winners must be over 18 years old at the time of entry and the prizes are not transferrable to another person and cannot be exchanged.
- Closing date for the competition is: midday (BST) on Tuesday 9 August
- Winners will be notified by phone.
- A postal address must be provided as rum will be dispatched after the event.
- To enter you must be a competitor at Aberdeen Asset Management Cowes Week (http://www.aamcowesweek.co.uk)
- This competition are not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of Mount Gay or Sailing Media Ltd (thedailysail.com)
- Only one entry per person.
- The judges’ decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This competition is being run by Sailing Media Ltd of 10 Melina Road, London W12 9HZ
- Mount Gay (www.mountgay.com) will endeavour to send prizes within a month of the competition end date but cannot guarantee this delivery time.
- Winners are responsible for their own travel arrangements
Remember: Enjoy Mount Gay Rum Responsibly
Drink Responsibly - www.drinkaware.co.uk