Gazprom and Nautor’s Swan
Nautor’s Swan has announced the introduction of Russian energy giant, Gazprom, to their family of ClubSwan Partners.
The relationship will span many activities over the next six years through to the end of 2017, including the creation of the Gazprom Swan 60 Class, title sponsorship of the Gazprom Swan European Regatta in 2013, 2015 and 2017 and a series of annual social events in various markets for the Swan owners and ClubSwan guests. Initially activities will be largely European based with the focus transferring to the US and Caribbean from 2014 onwards.
The Gazprom Swan 60 Class is a significant step for all parties and has been developed in conjunction with the Yacht Club of Saint-Petersburg. The Swan 60 Bronenosec, representing the Yacht Club of Saint-Petersburg and sponsored by Gazprom has campaigned throughout 2012 in the Mediterranean, wrapping up her season in the warmth with the Rolex Swan Cup. The team’s final event for 2012 will be the inaugural Nord Stream Race taking place in the Baltic in late October.
Globally recognised as the producer of exquisitely crafted yachts offering the perfect balance of style, performance and comfort, ideal for racing and luxurious cruising, Nautor’s Swan will have delivered eight Swan 60’s by the end of September 2012. The vision for the Gazprom Swan 60 Class is:
- To create a viable one design, owner driver class for the long term with controlled costs for owners within the maxi size range.
- To deliver a professional, well managed Class to support activities both on the water and on shore integrally supported by Gazprom.
- To retain the fundamental values of a Swan: elegant lines, luxurious interiors, ease of handling and reliability.
- To obtain ISAF Recognised Class status to enable the Class to hold a World Championship.
- To offer one design racing with a World Championship annually and a circuit that is initially in Europe but has the potential to move to the USA / Caribbean.
The Gazprom Swan 60 Class mission is to grow and promote the Swan 60 as the best one design racing option within the maxi size range that is also able to offer a family friendly comfortable cruising solution as required.
Leonardo Ferragamo, Chairman of Nautor’s Swan commented: “The partnership with Gazprom is a milestone for Nautor’s Swan. With both Gazprom and Nautor’s Swan recognised as market leaders in their respective industries, we welcome them to the Swan family and look forward to enjoying hard fought competition on the water in the Gazprom Swan 60 Class over the coming years.”
Valery Golubev, Deputy Chairman of the Gazprom Management Committee said: “Gazprom has an extensive experience of supporting sports projects. We back a number of key initiatives with the Yacht Club of Saint-Petersburg and are looking forward to starting a new chapter in sailing together with Nautor’s Swan. I am sure that the Gazprom Swan 60 Class will open new horizons for the yachting world and offer bright impressions to yachting fans and participants of regattas alike.”