Course des Phares

They are off at last.

Sunday May 26th 2002, Author: Peter Bentley, Location: France

After a conference call with the skippers, the Chairman of the Race Committee Rene Boulaire and the Race Manager Philippe Facque postponed the start of the Course des Phares Calais-Calais until 3pm today. Strong winds made it dangerous to send the fleet to sea any sooner.

In the end the fleet of 10 Open 60 trimirans all departed Calais safely, well reefed down in 20 knots of wind.

The race promises a tough test with strong winds forecast for the first few days before lighter winds arrive later in the week.

Latest Comments

Add a comment - Members log in


Latest news!

Back to top
    Back to top