According to the organisers, Foiling Week will be a grand gathering of foiling boats, their designers, builders and sailors.
As a prelude to event, there is the International Moth Eurocup and Italian Moth Championship over 4-6 July, being held out of Circolo Vela Torbole at the north end of the lake.
This will be followed over 7-9 July in the middle of the lake (where there is typically less wind) by a 'Forum', including course racing, speed trials, ideas exchange and new boats being unveiled, from foil-born kiteboards to bigger catamarans such as the soon-to-be-foiling GC32. The event will conclude with foiling catamaran racing over 10-12 July.
Among the craft likely to be taking part are the Moths, the new Foiling Phantom F18, the latest foil-born C-Class catmarans (like Groupama C and the Swiss Hydros Lombard Odier boats), the GC32s. It is sadly unlikely that an AC72 will make it...but maybe a foil-born AC45?
Speakers who have also shown interest in coming include:
- Mario Caponnetto – Wingsail Design and Head of CFD for Oracle Team USA
- Andrew McDougall – Designer and sailor Mach2 moths
- Jeremie Lagarrigue - project manager Hydros.ch C-Class catamarans and prototypes
- Andrew MacPherson – Chief of Operations GC32 catamarans
- Scott Babbage – President IMCA International Moth Class Association
- Mirco Babini – President IKA International Kitesurf Association
- Edoardo Bianchi – White Dragons
- Mitch Booth – Catamaran Olympic medalist
- Davide Tagliapietra – Sychickler Tagliapietra Yacht Engineering