Team Philips Update

Goss is ready to go, but the weather is no longer cooperating

Wednesday September 27th 2000, Author: Mark Chisnell, Location: United Kingdom
The weather has continued to be kind to Team Philips, as they’ve completed the preparations for their first sail. There was a lull in the otherwise strong breeze overnight Tuesday to Wednesday, which allowed them to get the sails rigged on the twin masts.
Pete Goss commented, "That was the last of the show stoppers. By that we mean important operations which are weather dependent, like the launch, the stepping of the masts and the installation of the rudders. We cracked it last night. Spirits are really high and the boat feels great."

But while the boat is now ready to sail, the weather has stopped being good to them. With some serious gales forecast through Thursday and Friday, it’s unlikely that the maxi-cat will now get out before the weekend. Berthed in Dartmouth Marina, the route to sea will be a narrow harbour entrance with an onshore gale for the next couple of days - not a good option for an unwieldy beast like Team Philips. There is better weather forecast for Saturday, and that’s when Goss will probably make a break for it.

Latest Comments

Add a comment - Members log in

Tags

Latest news!

Back to top
    Back to top