Beneteau 40.7 Europeans
The EUROSAF Beneteau 40.7 European Championships are organised by Britannia Corporate Events. Each team represents a country from the EU.
Highlights of the entry roster includes Portia. She was the first 40.7 in this year's Round the Island Race as well as coming home first in the Beneteau Cup and Lutine Lineslip Regatta both this year and last, racing for England. She is joined by Anticipation, the second 40.7 at Cowes Week and winner of the Manches Cup in 2008 and 2007] racing for Czech Republic. There is of course Challenger, the 2008 National Champion racing for Wales, Profile, the PPP/PFI Challenge Winner, racing for France, while Buccaneer is racing for Scotland
At least another half a dozen entries are expected to swell the entries close to 20 for the inaugural championships.
Commenting on the event Simon Boulding, Marketing Director, said: “We are delighted to have attracted such a competitive line-up for the inaugural EUROSAF Beneteau 40.7 European Championships and we would like to thank the competitors and our sponsors for their support. This will be the largest gathering of Beneteau 40.7s, being raced by the owners and regular race crews themselves, in Europe this year and promises two days of incredibly competitive racing.”
Provisional list of entries:
- Portia [1st 40.7 in 2009 RTIR, 1st in Beneteau Cup 2009, 1st Lutine Lineslip Regatta 2008 & 2009] racing for England [Andrew Iyer]
- Anticipation [2nd 40.7 in 2009 Cowes Week, Winner Manches Cup 2008 & 2007] racing for Czech Republic [Peter Newlands]
- Challenger [2008 40.7 National Champion] racing for Wales [Gareth Williams]
- Profile [PPP/PFI Challenge Winner 2009] racing for France [Chris Jackson]
- Buccaneer racing for Scotland [Peter Randall]
- Playing Around [3rd 40.7 Cowes Week 2009, 3rd 40.7 RTIR 2009] racing for England [Peter Robson]
- Tarka racing for England [Guy Prest]
- Below Zero racing for England [Greame Lewis]
- Storm [Ireland] [Mick Watts]
- Addiction racing for England [Paul Jenkins]