British boat Panther Team GBR of Rob Greenhalgh came home in third but for the moment this result is not being counted as they failed to pass a mark 'Antifer'. There is jury hearing scheduled for tomorrow at 1:00. Until this is resolved Marseille skippered by Dimitri Deruelle, who came in forth, is provisionally third.
Student boat Force EDC skippered by Australia¹s Simon Sutherland had a very good race and managed to finish in sixth. Owen Modral¹s Royal Thames came 22nd. After such a long and demanding first offshore leg it was remarkable that the fleet managed to finish in such a tight pack.
Race 5 results before jury: offshore race from Dunkerque to Cherbourg
1. Région Ile de France / Jimmy Pahun
2. Nantes-St-Nazaire / Pierre Loïc Berthet
3. Marseille / Dimitri Deruelle
4. Ville de Genève Carrfour Prévention / Etienne David
5. Kenzo / Marc Thiercelin
6. Force EDC / Simon Sutherland
7. Cassis Maugio Carnon Bernard Mallaret
22nd. Royal Thames / Owen Modral
See page two for an interview with Simon Sutherland the Australian skipper of Force EDS...